Millimeter-wave (mmWave) MIMO radars operating at 60 GHz have gained significant attention in recent years due to their unique capabilities. These radars utilize multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology to transmit and receive signals, which enables high-resolution imaging and accurate sensing of the environment. The 60 GHz frequency band has several advantages for millimeter-wave (mmWave) MIMO radars, including high bandwidth and the ability to operate in various weather conditions, such as rain, fog, and dust. These radars can also operate effectively in different lighting conditions, including day and night.
Smart Sensum develops mmWave MIMO radars operating at 60 GHz, with a wide range of applications in various fields. These radars are designed using commercial chipsets. By integrating AI into mmWave MIMO radars, Smart Sensum’s technology can offer even more advanced and precise detection in various applications.
Our mmWave MIMO radars feature:
- Multi-range capabilities
- Proprietary algorithms for smart navigation
- Wide field of view thanks to our proprietary antenna design
- High-accuracy detection of range, velocity, and angle of remote objects
- Multi-object detection and static/dynamic object separation
- Weather independence, not sensitive to temperature, light, smoke, fog, and rain
- Compact and cost-effective design
- Wireless data transmission and simple API for system integration with additional sensors
These radars have a range of applications, including:
- Drones and small UAVs: collision avoidance, obstacle detection (such as trees, power lines, and buildings), altimetry for ground and vegetation distance measurement
- Smart Cities
- Military/defence applications
- Industry 4.0